Halloween is on its way! Here are some tips to protect your spooktacular smile.
The American Association of Orthodontists has offered five timely tips to protect braces, aligners and other orthodontic appliances during this "sweet" season.
- Avoid sticky, crunchy or chewy candy and snacks and never chew ice.
- Brush up! After consuming any sweet treat or beverage be sure to brush and floss to prevent possible cavities.
- Good alternatives include soft chocolates, peanut butter cups, ice cream or other melt-in-your-mouth varieties.
- The American Association of Orthodontists even offers orthodontic-friendly recipes for Halloween HERE.
- Make a commitment to your smile. The success of limiting breakage during this month will help finish your treatment on time. Your rate of success depends on these tips.
All of us at Price Family Ortho wish you a happy and safe Halloween!